Educational and Professional Outreach:
Important Little Games is committed to expanding the reach of games-based learning. Our Creative Director takes an active role in the Chicagoland Game Development community and beyond at multiple levels.
- Affiliate Member, Hive Chicago Chapter
Hive Chicago is a network of civic and cultural institutions dedicated to transforming the learning landscape by creating opportunities for youth to explore their interests through connected learning experiences
- Co-Organizer, Bit Bash Interactive Arts Festival
I am the volunteer coordinator for Chicago’s biggest alternative games event.
- Board Member, Indie City Games
Coordinate lectures, presentations and discussions along with a great group of games professionals in the Chicago area.
- Speaker – Game Developers Conference 2012
My talk was about designing games to be idiomatic for the HTML5 platform.
- Member, Indy City Co-op.
Member of a Chicago-based game development co-working space.
- Career Fair – 1 WOW Day at Carl Sandburg Jr. High, Rolling Meadows, IL. 3/21
Gave a presentation on game design in which students created ‘mods’ of tic-tac-toe.
- Career Fair – Curie High School Career Fair, Chicago, IL 3/20
Talked to high school students about what a career as a game designer is like.
- Co-Host, Chicago Gametrepreneur Show
Audio program with co-host Kee-Won Hong about running a games-focused small business.
- Game Developer Volunteer, Chicago Quest
Aided the on-staff game designers in developing educational games to be used in middle school curriculum at Chicago Quest.
- Judge: Boss Level, Chicago Quest Middle School 11/25-11/26 2013
Instead of finals, Quest has ‘Boss Level’ which is an authentic challenge like Rube Goldberg Machine construction or Pinewood Derby.
- Judge: Global Game Jam 2013, Chicago Chapter
- Expert Blogger, Gamasutra (ongoing)
Blog on all things game-related.